Find out about te history

In the year one thousand, or thereaouts, an enormous forest covered the whole of the Charolais countryside. At this period Chaumont was a fortress built on the borders of the fiefdom owned by the Semur family, who went on to become the family that controlled this part of the Charolais territory. The passage of time over the course of centuries saw the fortress develop into a Renaissance chateau, lived in by the family since 1465.